Monday, July 7, 2008

Hot


The weather has been startlingly clear and hot for the past week or so - last night after soccer I went with friends to eat barbecue and we were shocked at being able to see the moon - I'd almost forgotten what it looked like. Blue skies almost every day and bright, bright sun - we are almost wishing for a nice layer of pollution to give us some relief. We do get a good rain regularly too though.

A friend starred in a TV commercial (they needed a foreign face) and got paid in spa treatment gift certificates. She gave me a gift card for a very $$$ back and face treatment, and the back treatment unexpectedly included scraping and cupping. Didn't hurt but I had the telltale scraping tracks on my back for a couple of days. (The bruising results from breaking the surface blood vessels, which is believed to release toxins.) My massage guy has been trying to convince me to get cupping done, but when I ask why all he says is that it releases moisture.

Many friends are leaving for the summer - the city empties of foreigners this time of year. I am done with all classes for a while, but into the next cycle of looking for work.

No comments: