Friday, April 6, 2007

Tazishan and Baihuatan Parks

Tazishan Park is towards the southeast corner of the city in an area that has no particular character - much of it seems to be under redevelopment. This has been the hardest park for me to find so far. This gorgeous building, which is on top of a hill, was my main compass. (Name starts with Nine Heaven. Sorry I don't know more about the building; the descriptions were all in Chinese.)



Modern graffiti over the writing on the walls.



There were tons of middle school students around the building. I am not sure what its original purpose was but now it is an arcade.



Baihuatan park is at the south end of Qin Tai Lu, and is one of the nicest parks I have found here so far. You can pay two kuai to feed these enormous goldfish:



One part of the park has a bonsai display, which is neat but lacking the balance and delicacy of really good bonsai. (Displayed a bit clunkily as well.)



Four of my classes were cancelled last week but I am starting three new ones - one Business English at a university and two smaller kids' classes - and therefore still feel swamped with work and lesson planning. One of these days I will get faster at it.

No comments: