Saturday, March 3, 2007

Visa run, Part III - Returning Home

Really wish I could spend more time in Hong Kong, which is one of the world's most disctinctive cities - what other place would have the same combination of traditional Chinese characters and English street signs everywhere? The people do feel less friendly compared to back in Sichuan though. (Or maybe I have an 'I don't speak Cantonese' aura.)

Back in Shenzhen I go to the Lowu Commercial Center, an enormous shopping place five or six stories high which is right past customs at the railway station. I don't like this place as much as I had hoped - the 'hello, missy, what you buy' is really aggressive and I end up doing menu roulette at the lunch place - pointing to a random item I can't read. Bad idea in China, though it could have been worse - a pile of little whole fish fried in a yellow bean sauce. On the way home I fly Sichuan airlines, which has average flight attendants and food.

No comments: